• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modular helmets

minneman

Been looking at getting one of these, my bro has the bombardier version, the one that the chin pc flips up, he likes it alot and gets pretty physical riding his mxz, so they're 350$ and hsolist has some new for 1/2 that, but look to be a bit different design. there are also other brands, anyone have another type/brand/style, that they like that wont fog?? (with out the electric shield) thanks!

My wife and I have used ours for 3 seasons now and just love them. Theeeeee only thing about them other than the price is sometimes we get a strong side wind in the exhaust hole when crossing big lakes if there is a strong wind. We installed the 900 Collette communicators in them and lots of eye room. We cut a small hole in the mouth piece and inserted the mike boam in that. I say one gets what one pays for.

The modular helmut is awesome helmut. I used on a couple of time. but you need to get the neck piece for it. Other wise you get frostbite on really cold days. as far a other ones. I head the new yamaha on is a good one to.

I looked at the skidoo, Polaris, & HJC versions of these helmets and the skidoo seems to be the best Ive seen. I bought one and really like it. The HJC model also was very nice and much cheaper. Shade tree sells them for round 225. I called Larsons in Cambridge and they said they had quite a few left to choose from for 199.00

This is my third season with the Ski-Doo modular . I really like the way the front opens up and I can put it on without taking my glasses off . What I don't like about it is if the temp. is colder than 20 the face shield fogs up without the breath mask on . If I wear the breath mask my glasses fog up . I've checked the vents to make sure that they are clear and the breath mask fits o.k..
A guy that I work with bought one last year and says the same thing with glasses .
Another guy that does not wear glasses says it's great and has no problems .
In my opinion , if you wear glasses it's a waste of money .

[This message has been edited by MnIceman (edited 02-07-2004).]