• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

92 Panther 440 has no spark

Animal

I lost the spark on my 92 Panther (4500 miles) the day after riding through heavy slush. It started on the first pull and I warmed up for 10 mins. I hit the kill switch and put it on the side at a 45 degree angle so I could to knock the ice off of the track. When I righted it 5 mins later the spark was gone. I changed plugs and jumped the kill switch an still no spark.

What do I need to check?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 01-23-2004).]

jump it down at the motor it eliminates all the switches. You'll find a 4 prong connector down at the motor on the right hand side. It is usually wraped in black plastic schroud with velcro on it. At this point I don't remember which 2 wires to bypass but i believe it is the BLACK and BROWN wires. If this gives you spark its got to be either the kill switch or the ignition switch. on tether if so equiped.

------------------
ride safe, wear a helmut, stupid hurts

If you get'em serviced, wash'em first.

Animal; I couldn't get spark to my 1995, 440 Panther a couple years ago, finally had to take it to the dealer, it was some computer (or whatever) that went. They installed that and its been good ever since, it was spendy. Good luck.

My old beat up EXT just experienced the same thing. It ran for 5 seconds and died. After further research, I found out there is no more spark. I think it's the CDI that went, but I haven't looked at the machine too hard yet.