• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rattling antlers........what do you use?

MUSKY18

So with rattling, what do most of you prefer to use? Real antlers, fake antlers, rattle bags? I bought the Pack Rack last year and like the sounds and how easy it is to use and store. Do real antlers give off the best sound?

I use real antlers. Some say as they dry, the tone is changed, but my ears don't recognize the difference. Use an 8 point set, never used anything but real bone. Downfall is pack ability and brow tines cut your knuckles at times. Can't bring myself to cut them off!

I use all 3, synethetic, Rack Pack and real ones.

My synethic are larger and really give off a nice tone, the rack pack if I need to pack alot and I also use real ones, that is kind of a basket rack 8 pointer that gives off a different tingle early season.

I have used the small rattle bag with good success. It has a good sound and is packable. It is however, harder to use when I am wearing gloves and a release. It also got holes in it from so much use and the pieces sometimes fall out. I bought a new magnum bag but don't like it nearly as much. It doesn't sound as good, won't fit in my pocket, and is bulky to use. That said, my brother had a rack pack last year and I really liked it. Its on my list of things to buy. It sounded great, had good volume, and was very packable. It also makes no noise when not in use, the rattle bag can sometimes make noise when walking out, even with the band on.

Pack rack is the sh****. 2 seasons ago, rattled in 2 shooters at once (and I blew it of course) and just this weekend, I rattled in the same forky twice. He came in, I stayed still til he passed me and was almost outta sight, hit the pack rack again, he came running back. Got a video too!

Never ever had a deer come running to rattlin antlers.

Just more crud to haul in the woods for this guy that I now chose to leave home.

I have watched deer that were in my vicinity and tried rattling and most times they are spooked off by the whole procedure....