• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seat repair products?

Blaze

Hey guys. I'm sitting at work *drooling* at all the snow outside now! Can't wait to get home and crank up the sled!!! grin.gif

Here's my question for you guys: I have a small rip in the seat of my machine and want to patch it up. What products out there for patching rips/tears ACTUALLY WORK? I don't want to patch and repatch over and over again - I want to do it right the first time. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Blaze

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 01-26-2004).]

Gee guys - thanks for the outpouring of products, ideas, and support that I've come to know and expect on this site! SHEESH! rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, for those who are interested (I'm pretty sure there are other torn sled seats out there too!), I found a couple products that should do the job: VLP and TearMender. VLP is a liquid/gel that bonds the edges back together, and TearMender is actually a patch kit that you canuse under the seat cover or on top, but includes adhesive and patches. I plan on using these 2 in tandem to do the nicest job possible. You can get either of them at your local Ace Hardware, etc.

Good luck and good powder,
Blaze

Thanks Blaze for the post back. I have been watching your thread waiting for an answer as well. Do you think either of these products will work on a neoprene seat cover? Thanks!

Gus - I couldn't tell ya on the neoprene question. Better do some diggin' around and find a good neoprene patching fix. The only time I've patched neoprene is on my waders, and talk about a sloppy, crappy job...man, I'm embarrassed to wear them. shocked.gif At least they don't leak anymore!