• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

not getting it done

walleye977

I'm heading to lake vermilion for the 3rd time this year and still haven't scored on a muskie have had few follows but tagged nothing hired a guide back in August and we fished a lot of rocks and islands points ect threw a lot of blades now that it s fall what should I change are the muskies deeper shallower stick with the blades or go got top water Vermilion is a huge lake just looking for some tips not secrets like to get this done this trip thanks for any info

I'm such a topwater guy, I wouldn't hesitate to try 1 not only in the early AM or PM which may not be productive now because of cooling, but mid-day also especially if it clouds up which Ian Leonard said maybe isn't happening for a few weeks. Not knowing the water temps key in on moonrise/set/majors and minors and it could be once things warm up in the AM to when it starts to cool in the PM may be the best time sorta like cold Junes the heat of the day produces best for me then. Really key in on really fishing the lure go slow go fast and inbetween and hope a few fish tell you what they want to see, better yet strike.