• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fuel-Water Separator

SkunkedAgain

Del, mine was exactly like yours. It was just an oil-filter looking deal and it was filled to the top. So once those things fill does it just allow the water to stay in the gas or does the filter have an overlow or weep hole somewhere?

What's the best way to dispose of the "water" that smells like gasoline? I was in a hurry so I dumped it in my yard - but I'm sure that's not legal. Is there a proper disposal method?

I don't know how the legally and environmentally sound way to dispose of water mixed with a little gas is. Probably take it to the local hazardous waste site.

Or one could pour it in a pan and let it evaporate until gone, sort of like the directions for disposing of paint.

I don't know what they do when full. Hopefully stop the motor from running until you unscrew them and dump out.

I guess I didn't even think about the water. I think I poured my right into the lawn mower and burned it up. One thing for others who have not done this yet to note is to try and keep the motor as vertical as possible when you spin it off. Any tilt and the gas will spill out of it and into your cowling.