• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No Steering!

Took my sled out to a local lake today just to make sure it still ran. The sled started fine but I noticed I couldnt move my handle bars! I'm guessing A joint somewhere got a little rusty but I was just gonna check i this has happened to anyone else and what you did about it? Thanks Alot

Spray "Liquid Wrench" oil, like WD-40 but more oily and frees rusty joints much better. Spray it and wait overnight. Should do the trick. Then take grease and lube those gears (if it has gears some sleds, or the joints).

[This message has been edited by CD (edited 12-26-2002).]

Thanks for the tips, I found out my steering post had rusted together at the hinge so I tried what you guys said but it still wouldent budge and it wouldnt take any grease through the fitting because it was solid rust inside so I just picked up a new steering post I was glas it was only 48 bucks. I will see how putting the whole sled back tomarow goes!

Thanks Again