• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dogs and mint plants

Eric Wettschreck

This may sound weird but I have a questions about dogs eating mint plants.

My wife plants a bunch of different spices in the garden. Because of the Petsafe wireless fence system we have the dog can't get to the garden. This dog is kind of a different critter than what I'm used to. After the wife picks stuff from the garden she'll randomly give something to the dog. He absolutely LOVES sweet corn. He's a pretty big fan of cucumbers, also.

Lately he's discovered peppermint leaves and goes pretty much cookoo for coco puffs when she hands him a couple of leaves. I've heard different stories of things you shouldn't feed a dog, such as chocolate. (old wives tale? I dunno)

Anyway, I'm just wondering if any of yous guys have heard anything good/bad aboot dogs eating peppermint leaves????

I should add, this dog will/does eat just about anything. If it wanders into the yard, (cats, possoms, coons, woodchucks, squirells,etc) it's dead and he chows it.

Eric I know what yopur talking about when it comes to the dog eating just about everything my chocolate lab hasn't decovered mint yet but the darn pooch watchs my me picking beans so it thinks they must be good and eats them off the vine.

Well the other day I was picking raspberrys and found one that was half eaten by a bird so I tossed it to the dog she goobled it up. I go back to picking berrys when I hear this strange sound kinda like a hoover vacuum trying to pick up a cotton ball anys I turn around and the dog is sucking berrys off the stem.

Mine to like cucumbers and has been know to eata jalapeno or two.

Sorry didn't mean to take away from your thread but I had to bass this along.

we have raspberry bushes everywhere. both of our dogs "pick" them and eat them. Funny to watch they kind of grab them kind of dainty like it's funny though they aren't really good at recognizing really rip vs kind of ripe.