• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late logging= Disappointing trail camera pics

This year we should have had a couple nice 5yr old bucks and a bruiser 6yr old we have seen the past three years but due to the pure laziness of our loggers cleaning up the mess from last years storm who are still cutting now... Its very frustrating so now the biggest buck we have to hunt is this one

419992_4110621256763_1872724946_n.jpg

255382_4110622336790_1383243677_n.jpg

I would be more than happy to shoot him cuz antler size doesnt mean a whole lot to me I just enjoy being out there and eating venison but I always like knowing there are bigger bucks out there... It helps me keep dreaming but hopefully one or two will show up before season

We have 3 plots 2 are planted and the other plot is limed and ready to go barring we get this rain... All three offer early and late season forage... Ill just have to be patient and wait but at least I have an ace-in-the-hole... My other 40 doesnt get touched til late october smile

In the next 3-4 weeks you are going to have a bunch of people on the site talking about how all of their summer bucks dissappeared on them. Bachelor groups break up, food sources change, bedding cover changes, hunting pressure ramps up, basically all kinds of crazyness up to and during the rut to move those bucks around.

One thing I'd note is that there is absolutely no reason for a big buck to pass your camera based on what the picture shows. A disced black field in the summer months? There is no reason to be there, no food, no water, no cover.

Finally, I'd be hesitant to think the deer that were there in the past have simply gone away based on the anecdotal evidence provided. Deer, even mature bucks, are quite tolerant in the summer months, and may even be greedily eating the fresh buds off of the logged trees. Unless someone, or something (predators, winter) killed the bucks from last year, they are still in the proximity.

We have 3 plots 2 are planted and the other plot is limed and ready to go barring we get this rain... All three offer early and late season forage... Ill just have to be patient and wait but at least I have an ace-in-the-hole... My other 40 doesnt get touched til late october smile
Jason, if it's your land and you are doing the managing of it? Who set the logging schedule and picked the lazy loggers?

Just saying! whistle