• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rogers Goosebuster LP layout blind

Hey guys,

I've read good reviews on the Goosebuster layout blinds. I was on Rogers site and see they offer a Goosebuster LP (low profile) for $89.99.I need to purchase two and i'm trying to not break the bank. I'm 6'2" and the other blind will be used by a 12 year old. Has anyone used this blind?

I'll mainly be using it in sileage stubble and combined corn fields. Do you guys think the camo pattern on it is ok for that? I realize I will have to mud it and do some painting.

The max-4 camo on the blind is probably the best one I have seen for hiding in silage fields but you will definitly have to mud and add any vegetation left in the field as well. As for the blind I have not used that exact one but I have heard good things about it. I know rogers stands behind there products.

If you decide to buy them let us know how you like them since this is a great option for many people.

I think the camo pattern from most blinds will work for most applications as when I have hunt from blinds you usd some of the surounding area materail to help coneal the blind anyhow. the flat camo paint and mud are great ways to knock the shine down and there are also UV inhibitors that you can spray on materail to help with the shine. I have not used any of these products so I can not say they work or not but will be trying them out this fall on my boat blind.

Good luck with your blind MJ

I saw the same deal and almost posted the same question. I rarely field hunt but needed one for a trip to Canada so I bought it. Should be here in the next day or two, I'll let you know how it works / looks

Good deal. I look forward to hearing about it.

The LP dimensions are 75” long x 27” wide x 12” high. I'm 6' 3" 200 lbs and don't fit in the LP blind. Maybe barefoot I could. There is the LP XL they offer, that might be a better bet, or a power hunter for the same money. Cabelas has the FA express blind on sale right now for $99. Its a little longer, wider, and an inch or two taller, but still a very low profile, not quite as comfortable, but that's the sacrifice for going cheap and low. The LP and the Express from Cabelas are about the two best layout blind deals available right now for the $.

This is basically the exact same blind as an xlander. You can probably fit, just not going to be the most comfortable for you. I picked up 5 this weekend at Gamefair and talked to the owner for a while. Fred is a stand up guy, very down to earth and very open and honest about all their products.

I ordered a lp and a lp xl this morning. The xl is 6 inches longer and 2 inches taller. The guy at rogers suggested that model because I'm 6'2".!

The guy I talked to on the phone was real nice to deal with.

UPS just showed up with mine. It 5 maybe 6 seconds to set up. I am only 5'9" so i have room to spare. My Brittany hoped right in and crawled down to my feet. Maybe I don't need a dog blind after all. Although I don't know if he will be much help if I am hunting geese. He grabs them in the water just fine, just a little big for him on dry land

UPS just showed up with mine. It 5 maybe 6 seconds to set up. I am only 5'9" so i have room to spare. My Brittany hoped right in and crawled down to my feet. Maybe I don't need a dog blind after all. Although I don't know if he will be much help if I am hunting geese. He grabs them in the water just fine, just a little big for him on dry land

Dogs in layout blinds with hunters = potential disaster. Hearing loss from muzzleblast, and the worst would be the dog causing a firearms accident.

Like my prolander Im a bigger guy but its low profile and pretty cumfy..

I do bring a muthut with for the dog but she's small and fits in behind the backrest and with the zipper I can restrict but aint needed to..

I can see how it could be a hazzard tho if your dog breaks...

Dog blinds are nice...

Got both of my blinds and I really like both of them. The LP xl is a little more comfortable and has some nice features.

I'm 6'2" and I fit just fine in the standard LP. If your'e on a budget the LP would work just great.

Hunted in it this weekend for the first time. Not the most comfortable blind to hunt in or easy to get in and out of for big guys. However this is not a blind you buy to hunt in comfort out of. Used them to hunt out in the middle of a very clean sileage field and shot 28. I will be buying more.