• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I found a thread from HugoBox from back in 2008 about camo painting a shotgun. I have an 870 that is beat up good, and could use a nice paint job. There was never any post to see how it held up. I know a few on this forum know him, any word on if the paint job held up? Also, would I need to sand or brush the barrel down. The blueing on it is pretty shot and it has some slight rust.

Thanks!

So far so good, on to the hand brushing. I'm sure it won't look as good as BoxMN's, but it will be a massive improvement over the rusted thing it is now. The bad part is that it will no longer be a backup paddle.

Hey JP,

My brother (HugoBox) painted my Gold up this summer, and he redid his again. Actually, the finish help up fine, he mainly re-did his because he wanted it a bit lighter.

I will try to take a pic of mine and post up here. It turned out really good. I messed up in a couple spots, but mainly I will know where those brush strokes are smile Key thing, it gets darker as you go, so I would start lighter than you think you want it. Mine, right up until the clear (flat) finish, I was thinking was a bit too light. But once the clear went on, it really took the detail and popped it, a bit darker, and perfect.

The difference on mine and brothers, is that i left the receiver black on mine, and he camo'ed his entire gun up. I kinda like the black receiver look though, it looks more intentional or something, haha!

Also, we did things like painting "Box" and we put our (late) Dad's initials under the grip. Just kind of cool little things you can do that nobody but you will ever notice.

good luck, will try to post some pics here. but his finish did last, andhe used it quite a bit in Puddlers, which you toss around the gun pretty good against the fiberglass sides.

Mine turned out pretty good. I did not take the time to do the shadow like you guys did, but I think it turned out very well. One thing I did was find a maroon primer. I have repainted enough things over the years to know that paint will chip., but primer seems to.stay on. I wanted the maroon instead of grey. I also learned to spray the matte finish way closer than the 10 to 12 inches the can recommends, it wasn't really doing anything after 3 coats. I sprayed it thicker and closer, and that seemed to help a bunch