• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snow conditions

huntnfish

Theres a well kept secret up north. Not many are aware of it, and this is a good thing. the only problem is that its a drive.
head straight north of grand marais to the border and you'll be happy you did. everybody think theres no snow but i beg to differ. Youll find 12 in on the sides on a solid base of 3 inches at least on the trails and its smoothe. i put on 175 miles last weekend in a day so go give it a try
happy trails

Yes, my uncle who owns a lodge north of Grand Marais is reporting good snow conditions and snowmobilers are making their way up there after a long, dry start to the winter. It's about the only place in the state where there is snow over 6"! They are reporting over a foot of snow.

A friend and I went sledding all day yesterday. Started in Detroit Lakes headed to Park Rapids, Two Inlets, Itasca State Park and back to DL. 123 miles and the trails were amazingly in decent condition! It felt good to get riding again. Hopefully we'll get a little more snow for another trip next weekend.