• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any sprays to keep dogs from dumping outside windows!

leech~~

We just moved into a newer camper in the same campground we were in but on a new lot a few weeks ago. We noticed that our neighbors let their dogs dump right out side our open windows on the edge of our lots. The lots are about 100' wide but they have learned to drop them right on the line like 1 1/2 feet from our windows. I don't really want to start "cr@p" with the new neighbors so was looking for something to spray down to get them to move down a bit. There is a big area at the end of their lot where no other campers are so it would be nice if they learned to go there. Yes, if there is no spray or something I can put down then I'll have to talk to the neighbor about it. Thanks for any ideas! frown

Number 8 Federal wink nono, just kidding wink

I'd try some ammonia diluted strong, or some type of pepper spray, but nothing that smells like any animal. I noticed our dogs have always peed where other dogs have.

Good luck!

Number 8 Federal wink nono, just kidding wink

I'd try some ammonia diluted strong, or some type of pepper spray, but nothing that smells like any animal. I noticed our dogs have always peed where other dogs have.

Good luck!

Thanks BoxMN I had read on the web about these two ideas. The last resort is talking to the owners but since they were there before us and are a lot younger then us they may just tell me to take a flying %$@k! So I wanted to try this first and then take a flying %$#K! if that doesn't work out. I know that they do pick it up at the end of every week end so they must be aware of it. Just seems odd they would let it go on? confused

You need to untrain the dogs, convince them thats not the spot. Put up an electric fence about a foot high running just inside your lot line. Not hard to do even if you don't know electricity. Would need to get a small electric fencer, either solar, battery operated, with a short fence it will put out a good jolt, Fido and Fifi will get the idea in a hurry. Might be the best option if the owners tell you to [PoorWordUsage] off.

I have had that problem at my house. I had dogs that liked the light pole in my front boulevard for #1 and #2's. I was spraying for dandelions once and sprayed some on the light pole..it did the trick..dogs did not like the smell and would walk away and it masked the other dog scents that attract them. no harm, no hard feelings, just detracted the dogs from that spot.

i also had that problem with my neighbor. I first just nicely asked them to not let their dog do it on my yard..That didnt work so i then just scooped it up and flipped it on their yard. Definitely not the preferred way but yes its not the dogs, its the owners. I was so happy when they moved!!

My wife and I are having a good laugh about this while having our morning coffee. I do feel for you though. I wouldn't like it either and sometimes people like their dogs better than the neighbors. My wife said she read that too about an ammonia solution maybe even with some liquid soap so it stays longer. Some people don't have a good sense of situational awareness..... grin

Any sort of hot pepper scent should work. I'd try mixing up a strong solution of water and ground red pepper or chilli powder and spray it over the area or anywhere else you don't want them to go. You could add just a touch of soap as well as it helps it stick to the grass a little better.

It might take more than one application to train the dog but I doubt it will take real long.