• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

north shore trail

smontanye

smontaneye, Which trail are you talking about? There are several trail systems up there. Are you talking about the one that runs just outside of Silver Bay? Let me know and I can help you out.

Paul

Pwaldow123, I also would like some info on North Shore trails. We are a small group of 4 to 6 and thinking about going there versus a road trip to the UP. At this time we know nothing of the area, any leads/recommendations will be appreciated.

------------------
Thumper

Hey guys, We usually do most of our riding from Silver Bay on up to Lutsen. From Silver Bay you can ride all of the way up to the Canadien border. There are literally dozens of places sprinkled along the trails that you can get something to eat, drink, or spend the night. Around the Lutsen, Finland, Isabella area there are many places that cater to snowmobilers and Beaver Bay sports in Beaver Bay can help you with any last minute parts, needs, repairs or rentals. Do a web search under Lutsen, Minnesota and it will provide many lodging options all of which can provide you with trail maps etc.

Paul

The north shore trail is a very scenic trail and usually they have plenty of snow, one place I always go to is the Tressel Inn it's a little snowmobile bar a few miles off the trail, the biggest burgers in the area grin.gif

You can hook up with the Tomahawk trail and take that to Ely & then take the Taconite back down to the range and make your way to Hibbing, then find the Alborn trail and head back up to the north shore, it's a good days ride wink.gif or two

SMONTANYE, we have ridden the north shore trails many times and the scenery is really awesome, hills, thick woods and river crossings, it is very nice country. we ride from Hibbing up to Lutsen and stay at the mountain inn, it is a little cheaper than the lutsen ski area, but its just across the road, dinner, and drinks at Lutsen. from Lutsen up to the end of the gunflint is an incredible ride, depending on your speed and how much you like to look at the sites. we usually stop at the Hungry jack lodge for lunch, expect to see deer and an occasional moose on the trail, there is moose sign everywhere.it is usually a full days ride to the end of the Gunflint. alot of nice places to stop and look, lodges, scenic overlooks.

I will second the motion for staying at the Mountain Inn. Famiy owned, excellent servie, reasonably priced and they cater to snowmobilers. Sitting in the hot tub after riding all day isn't bad either grin.gif

Paul