• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to replace H20c with??

Boss Hogg

Question

This question has been asked before, but I can't find the comments. My H20c took a swim. Tryed everything to dry it out to no avail. What would be a good replacement for it? Something that is equal or above. I would like somethings that has the same features. Thanks.

5 answers to this question

I have a Garmin 62S and like it. I held off on the H2Oc and am glad I did. I originally bought the 78 since it floats and waterproof but returned it cause I didn't like the buttons on top of the screen.

That Garmin 62s seems to be a pretty popular GPS these days, lots of good features on it and it's frequently sold out at stores.

Other ones worth taking a look at are the Etrex 20 or 30, Oregon's or the Montana's depending on how much you want to spend.

You can even get some of these with digital cameras built in now too.

All of those will accept mapping cards, plus you can download free maps from the web and also satellite imagery from Garmin ( 1 year Subscription ).

If you are looking for a lake mapping card, I recommend the Upper Midwest Fishing Guide chip from Garmin, LOTS of coverage on that card.

Mike

Boss,

Make sure you sign up for a free account at my.garmin and register your device, you will want to download the Garmin Communicator program to make sure your 62s has the latest firmware. Also, download BaseCamp, its free and helps manage the information in your Garmin. If you purchase the Upper Midwest Fishing Guide, you can view your data on your computer thru the BaseCamp software.

I've always found Energizer Advanced Lithiums provide the best battery life in my Garmin's.

Mike