• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crayfish boil

At my buddy's wedding 30 years ago in Louisiana, they took pots of boiled crayfish, potatoes, corn, and whatever else, drained the water and dumped it all in a canoe, which was situated on saw horses so it was about waist high. All the guests would stand around the canoe and munch down crayfish.

The home boys wanted me to suck the brains out, but I just couldn't get my stomach & mind on the same page for that one. They were lovin watching the Yanks try to figure out this whole deal, while attempting to teach us the proper way to eat a crawdad. It was a blast and some great chow!

A crawfish boil I saw on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is what got me to make what I made the other day. didnt feel like catching my own and shipping in fresh ones is pricy...

A local grocery store had 30ct e-z peel shrimp on sale for 4$ a pd. They are the shell on but cleaned and de-veined ones. They work great because the were east to peal and eat and the flavoe got under the shell just right.

I add the mussels because, well we like them. Next time I might get some clams and crab legs also... And a ring of kielbasi will go in the mix as well...