• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Huge win today...

MuleShack

Had a large wasp nest up under the eve on the 2nd level. Been there for a while and I never bothered to do anything about it. Tonight the conditions were right and I had some time.

I was just going to take my pressure washer and put the streaming bit on and clean it off. However, instead I grabbed a step ladder and a can of spray...went to the top step and stretched and gave it a good burst. A few seconds later there was 58 dead wasps laying on the deck. That's more than I killed all of last year.

The moral to the story is dont put your eggs in one basket grin

Nice! One time after "learning the hard way" where a particular hornet nest was in a tree, I was able to pull up to it within a few feet in the minivan, roll down the window, blast it, roll it back up, and watched them fall out one by one...... usually do not take joy in the killing of things that are just doing their thing....but that day was satisfying wink

the worst nests are the ones in the ground you cant see until it's too late. i've had a few encounters with those. one time i was mowing and all of the sudden had a coupld sting my legs and i turned around and there were lots comming out of that nest. i started running for the garage like an olympic sprinter. later i stepped back out and there was my mower still running. got my anchor rope and put a meat hook on the end and practiced throwing it over the mowers handl's till i snagged it. pulled it back to me and shut it off.

later that night went to the crime scene after watching where they went back into the nest in the evening. went there in the middle of the night and emptied two cans of that stuff in the entrance hole. that was my win. good luck

I hate those ground nests!!! I do the same only after I hit them with the spray I try to have something to cover the hole with to keep them from flying out like a 5 gallon pale cover or a rock.