• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Retaining Wall - Caps on top

masoct3

Hello Hello,

Hope all is well with all of you.

So, my situation is this. I finished building my retaining wall that is actually a tree ring. After working with the blocks, I am assuming I will need about 35-40 caps for the top.

What way can I apply these caps without using a diamond blade every other cap?

Is there an easy way to install?

Any other info on this would be great!

Thank you in advance,

MAS

really to make the caps look "finished" like no GAPS between them you will need to CUT them especially on a tree ring being circle. Using a chisel and hammer will leave you with a rough edge on 1 side.

Are you glueing them?

Also some blocks don't have center holes in them. Did you use the "garden wall" block they are 4 inches tall by 12" long and 6" maybe deep??

With those some customers of mine they do not have/want caps since there are no holes in it.

Best bet would be to go to a rent store and rent a "table/chop" saw made for cutting blocks/pavers. Using a Gas powered chop with a diamond blade is always tough to cut it straight and even straight up and down.

Hope i Helped just ask with anymore questions we will try and help you out!

Yes, I was leaning on cutting them, but wanted to see what people do. I am glueing them, as well the retaining wall has been glued as well. I am not sure what the "garden wall" is but we ordered a pallet of these from HD. They are not the "BIG" ones, but the ones under that.

Okay, now that I think about it, you are saying does my retaining wall stones have holes for rods or such. No, they do not, they are solid concrete and weigh 22 pounds each.

My neighbor has a circular w/diamond blade. We used that to cut two blocks to fit this puppy together.

Do you recommend using a circular saw for all this cutting? Will one diamond saw cut all of this?

Thank you so much,

MAS

That's what I thought. Thank you for your responses. I'll post a picture once it is all done.

What I'm doing now:

Finished circular retaining wall. All pieces are glued together.

Added top dirt on exterior for clean outside as well as adding grass seed.

Added some pea pebbles from HD to simply make a drainage thing for whatever reason.

Add top dirt to fill the circle with it reaching under the height of the cap.

Add plants.

Hope they come back next year. I could always do a nice annual, but I really like perennials.

MAS