• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Miami Peacock Bass report 7/15/12

Well folks with all the bad weather we've had these past few days. The Urban bite has still been very good. I had the pleasure to guide a very motivated, and quick learning angler to her first "Urban Slam". We meet early in the A.M, to get a shot at some freshie Tarpon. For strictly Peacocks, yous can get a later start. But if yous want a Slam...got to get up early. Boy they were everywhere! Unfortunately they were more interested in the 1" long Minnows that have been schooling up in the canals...very hard to match the hatch. We had shots, but no takers.

Being my clients first time on a Gheenoe, she was very impressed at the stability of the boat. So off we go in search of the other players in the canal systems. After a couple of quick lessons on casting techniques and how to use the arti's she was tossing. It was on..big time! My client wound up catching an elusive Urban Grand Slam...four or more species in one day. Peacock Bass. Common Snook, Swordspine Snook, Lg. Mouth Bass, Mayan Chiclids and a Huge Gar to boot. I'd say that was a pretty good day, and look forward to doing it again.. I have a couple of open days next week if anybody wants to try for the slam. We took some pics of the day for yous to check out. Thanks for reading our report.

019.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

018-1.jpg

021.jpg

025.jpg

miamibackcountrycharters-1-1.jpg