• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading to Ashland/Bayfield area in a couple weeks.

Does anyone know what the fishing is like in Chequamegon bay or the Apostle islands have been. Any tips or tricks? I usually fish out of Duluth and I have riggers and dipseys. Just kinda wondering where to go to start trying. Any help would be apperciated

Not sure if I caught this too late or not, just havent had much time to get on-line, as its a busy season.

If not, right now, the fish are pushed down in the water column in the inner islands, due to the water temps. The farther you push into the islands. North end of Stockton, Cat, N Twin, Outer, Michigan, the fish are from 60 FOW to the bottom, depending on the spot. A probe helps finding water that is 50 degrees or colder. Mainly, I just run tight to the bottom, unless I start to graph fish higher. Attractors with spin&glo and 3.5 to 4 inch spoons have been the ticket trolled at 1.5 at the ball.

Thanks Jim yeah I was up there already we actually ended up going out of Port wing and battled the weather and the warm dirty water. I need to get a probe for my boat I am hoping i can talk the wife into it next year. Thanks for the info. I might head back up that way the middle of next month.