• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

walleye help

Every year i go to a lake for a week with my family fishing. I always try fishing for walleyes but never seem to get very many. i know there in the lake but cant seem to catch them. Im going to try lead core fishing and night fishing for them and see how that works. I was wondering where everybody would start fishing and the presentations. I attatched the lake map of the lake. I will be going up july 7 to the 14. Any help appreactied. Thanks

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/data/lakemaps/b0039010.pdf

If I were you I would put on a bottom bouncer and a spinner with a crawler and work the 20-25' depths during the day time. Evening and night I would try the 12-16' depths with a plug that would go down to 10-14' in a perch or silver pattern. The lake looks like it has plenty of structure for you to work as long as people are not anchored on specific points. When you rig up your spinners make sure to use a clevis that allows you to interchange the blades. If it is a stained lake you will find the bright orange or pink might work best. If it is clear they may want a hammered silver or green/blue. Once you find them you can always go back and work the area with a Lindy rig if they seem to be holding on one spot.

I should also add that I like that 15-25' area where the creek comes into the lake.

I have a oldtime buddy who lives on Pleasant,Just east of your lake,We do get eyes on your lake but pleasant is better (its easier to figure where the eyes are)I wont internet spots anymore I have seen the bad results.Do you have a email!

Well fellow Angler, The simplist way to catch a Walleye is jigging a foxie jig, florescent color put a minnow on it, snap jig it, make a big bounce with it. or alittle fast bounce with it. warm water make them swim for it. minnows use big shinners, red fins,sucker minnows, watch those fat heads. use 1/4 ounce size stand up jigs. small diameter line 8 or 10 lb line. find sum structure or a weed line close to deeper water. jig the edge. or float and snap jig them. have fun. smile