• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fuel issues 90hp Yamaha?

Finlander

A friend of mine has a 2008 Yamaha 60 horse 4 stroke. Issue is that the engine cuts off. He would have to prime the bulb before it can start back up.

Things he has replaced:

(1) The Primer Bulb

(2) The water fuel separator

Any advise would be apprecuiated! Thank You!

confused

Maybe fuel pump? I only say this because if he primes it with the bulb he's pushing the gas through the pump to the carbs so it will start up again.

How long will it run after he gets it started till it cuts out again?

I've got an older yamaha 2 stroke that would die out. Found a needle seat on the bottom carb had spun loose against the needle. The only way I could get it to run right was to prime it, that would push gas past the needle into the bowl. It would run great till that carb ran out of gas again.

I don't know if yours is completely shutting down or just bogging out?