• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need some Input. Like or dislike this image

Next year one of our assigned subjects in our camera club is inside out. The theory behind the subject being inside a building and getting an image that shows details, of both the inside and outside. Here I was afraid to walk into this old house because a lot of these old houses had systerns under the floor and I didnt want to go for a swim, so Instead by taking 9 images of various exposure I was able to blend all 9 together to get the outside, the inside, and the outside thorugh the inside again. I want to know if you like this image or not?

144008374.jpg

Sorry Paul, it really is not working well for me. The tree on the lefts seems to distract. I also have no sense of depth, it appears as if everything is on one plane or one dimensional. I can post an example of a senior I shot last summer that might fit your criteria and give you some ideas.

Thanks for the Replys guys. I personally wasnt that in love with that image myself, there was just something I couldnt put my finger on, My wife liked it and so did some co workers but I wasnt really sure. You guys helped me decide to 86 it. I have another angle of the building to work with yet maybe that will turn out. It was tough the day I was out due to some really strong winds and even with my new super duty wonderfull mafrotto sticks and ball head it was still to windy to get were I actually wanted to shoot.

Interesting subject.. I'm going to disagree with the posts above and say I like the subject and the depth of the front door.

Here's what I don't like:

For me, the compositional violations of this photo is lines and avoided mergers, and balance. The light from the trees cast downward at a 45* angle and the plane of the board runs horizontal. These lines contrast each other giving it a funky appearance.

In regard to avoiding mergers, I can see the tree cropped out, which could put you on a solid third.

Lastly, the balance has me wacked out. much like lines, the sun coming through the trees is contrasting the wood. I wonder if you shot this at dusk with some flash stobes or on a cloudy day where you wouldn't have such funky shadow or lighting issues, if this subject would pan out for you.