• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Post your Pictures here for the Mankato Air Show!

It seemed like every one of the thousands of people that were at the Mankato Air show on Saturday had a camera, so I would assume there would be lots of pictures to post.

It was a hot day but luckily the wind kept it tolerable. The worst thing was sitting in the parking lot for an hour waiting to get out.

Here are a few of mine, go ahead and post yours and share.

full-17729-21251-eos7d201206096299.jpg

full-17729-21252-eos7d201206096702.jpg

full-17729-21253-eos7d201206096636.jpg

full-17729-21254-eos7d201206096785.jpg

full-17729-21255-eos7d201206096846.jpg

full-17729-21256-eos7d201206096739.jpg

full-17729-21257-eos7d201206096755.jpg

full-17729-21258-eos7d201206096560.jpg

And Yes, I did get my Canon 100-400. Auto focus seemed useless so these were all manual focus today.

Boy these shots are really making me itch for my trip to OshKosh for the Worlds largest Fly In Airshow. Those are some dandy shots, I especially like the one with the 4 red/white planes coming right at you.

So windy today we missed the Black Daggers and wing walkers. I think we rattled off almost 1000 pics. I gotta run through the good ones now.

I thought there was suppose to be a squad of the black daggers but only the lead guy jumped on Saturday...never saw the rest of them? Maybe it was too windy for the group and I missed the announcement?

How can I upload video saved on my computer? They are quicktime videos

You can upload to HSO's video or use YouTube or Vimeo. The HSO video upload is the sunset with the blue up pointing arrow.

Awesome shots.

I was there on Saturday. Not sure if most of the crowd noticed or just thought it was the way the show goes, but I've seen the Blue Angels 6 or 7 times. Two things I noticed:

1. The four formation jets took off 1-at-a-time as opposed to all together (I'm guessing that maybe they make that alteration when they have a strong, gusty headwind like they did?).

2. the opposing solo jet (#6) landed about half-way through their routine and the lead solo did the rest of the show on his own. Must've been some mechanical issues? Bummer, but I'm glad he got back on terra firma safely!

Anyone hear what might've happened? I realize this is a photo forum so hopefully I'm not de-railing here. Nonetheless, it was a GREAT time and my son wont put down his toy Blue Angel jet that he got. I believe they're back in St. Cloud next year again!

Easiest way is to click the 5th button in with the blue arrow pointing up. It is a photo uploader. You click browse to search for a photo on your computer, then click add photo.

Then repeat until you have 7-8 photos in a post. Then click Done!

After that you add a space in between each URL in the post to seperate each picture then post it.

If you have more, create 2nd or 3rd post.

Is this what you were looking for?

If you have a photbucket or some other account, then you would have to post the link inside of the tag

I know this is a little late, but was looking through my SD card and these turned out to be in my TOP 5 Best Pictures from Mankato:

Camera: T1i

Lens: 55-250mm

MM Used: 250mm

full-30737-23394-n.jpg

full-30737-23395-3202280_aiouvz0348_m.jp

Random but cool trying to reach the top of the sky until the plane could not take anymore

full-30737-23396-3202267_dijklmr578_m.jp