• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yakima 58" crossbars noise.

I recently purchased a pair of used 58" Yakima Crossbars was wondering if buying a wind deflector will help with the noise and vibrating of the cross bars? The noise is at worst at higher speeds 45mph+.

I had a pair of 60" thule's before and don't recall them being as loud as the yakima's.

If when I load the canoe on top of the crossbars, would that have a chance of getting rid of the noise because of the added weight?

Thanks.

It's not the weight of the canoe silencing the noise, it's the deflection of the air current... no longer roaring across the uninterrupted stretch of bare bar.

58" is a pretty standard length... good for a canoe+ or 4 bikes, etc. I actually got a pair of 78" also, for 2 canoes or up to 6 bikes.

My Yakima Control Towers sitting in Landing Pads makes tool-free installation and removal quick and easy.