• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marine Radio Antenna

griff321

So at the end of open water last year I was fishing from the bow of my buddies boat and we decided to move to another area. I may have had a few, so when he opened it up I went flying and ended up near the stern. laugh In the process my foot broke off his metal telescoping radio antenna. We live by the rule of, you break it - you bought it, so it's my job to get a new one.

We're now getting ready to get the boat summerized and add a few upgrades. For my part I'd like to find a hard plastic/rubber coated ratcheting antenna for the radio. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for your time!

Well you get a pretty big slew of this and that. That's why I asked for a recommendation from the great folks that frequent FM. Apparently it's a stupid request.

Thanks for the unnecessary condescending post! grin

Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop sell them both in their store and online. You will have about 20 to choose from, the cheapest being around $30-40. The longer the antenna the farther away you will be able to reach someone, keep that in mind.

Well you get a pretty big slew of this and that. That's why I asked for a recommendation from the great folks that frequent FM. Apparently it's a stupid request.

Thanks for the unnecessary condescending post! grin

Well, I guess I was more diligent than you were for I had the same dilemma last year putting a new radio and antenna on my boat.

After about 15 minutes of searching, I had found the antenna I was looking for and had it ordered.

Sorry for the struggle with such a simple search. I guess it's easier when someone else does the work so not to be seen as condescending.

Good luck, I hope others will find what YOUR searching for for you. wink

Mike

Sorry, I should have been more specific. A FM radio for his cd/AM/FM radio.

Are they pretty much all created equal. Like it's not worth to pay for the high end stuff or the reverse?

Eh, sorry to create the controversy, Mods please just delete this entire thread, because I wouldn't want someone to do MY work for me. One could say the same about numerous sub forums or the entire site. Just google it.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out guys.

Moving forward.. in a respectable manner...

If it were me I'd be after what he had before, unless he wasn't happy with it. They make an amplified version that needs to be connected to a switched power that telescopes out, but in general is pretty short, that works very well and runs around $50.

marine_man