• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rice Creek Chain

I recently moved to lino lakes and I'm pretty much surrounded by the rice creek chain of lakes. I know the lakes are really shallow throughout so I'm guessing only rough fish can really survive in there. Has anyone fished this area at all and would anyone be willing to give me a few basic tips and locations from shore to try for suckers and carp? Feel free to PM me with any info. Thanks in advance!

i have cought crappies down from the dam on the west side of the bridge on the road. there are some pike in there and i have caught some bass in that strech. of course some bullheads are always there, especialy behing the spill dam. there is a public fishing dock on Peltier as well. good luck.

Baldwin and Rice are fun for bowfishing. I prefer to stay in the creek out of baldwin which goes behind Golden Lake Elementary and Indian Hills because they don't spook as easily and its easy access to just walk in with your waders and spend a couple hours there with good luck. Carp are alot bigger in Rice and Baldwin. Biggest I shot in the creek was about 12 lbs but I've heard of people shooting 20+ lbers in Rice. You can take a canoe alla way to George Watch, that's pretty good too, but only if there's enough water, and its unpassable by the end of the summer. Idk what people are thinking though, keeping anything out of this chain. It's pretty dang gross. I saw some people catching sunnies under the Hodgson bridge about a month ago and keepin em. Once a year there's a bowfishing tournament on Rice and Baldwin, people bring their big boats out, I've never done it. There's probably a couple spots where you could catch northerns but I've never tried too hard. Its fun to go through the creek for numbers, then when you come into baldwin there'll be a ton of carp at the top waitin for ya, and they're bigger too. It's a decent bowfishing trip, but it's probably not gonna produce a ton of 20 lb fish like some other streams/river systems not too far from here will.