• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Graduation

Bryce

Madison finished her derby career today in Texas with a JAM. Happy birthday on Monday. 3 JAMs and a second in 7 attempts. Pretty proud owners. Have to see what's next. Wouldn't be surprised if she runs a qualifier before she gets back home. Seems to be happier at the field trial level than hunt tests. Wish I could afford more than this summer season with this little girl. Really impressed me in nodak. Probably going to be that special dog that an owner gets in their lifetime

Congrats 4/7 finishes is pretty darn good, I believe derbys are the hardest to be consistant at, it's all about marking and a couple little hunts can make all the difference between 1st. and a jam. Trust me I know it cost alot of money, training, trialing ect. but if you can give her a summer running Q's and see where she's at..

Maddie through first series of land marks. 14 of 30 back for land blind where she is pretty solid. Sounds like 10 dogs got picked up and all the rest had to be handled in first series. Judges may have overestimated the ability of these dogs opening with a series that tough.

Slowly on her way north after todays event. Not sure if they have any other stops for events planned.

The judges are right where they want to be. 14 to the LB, lose maybe 2-3 on that, go to the WB with 9-11, lose 2-4 there go to their water marks with 7-9 lose 2-3 there and have 4 places and a Jam or 2. PERFECT!!

GOOD LUCK with the finish

The judges are right where they want to be. 14 to the LB, lose maybe 2-3 on that, go to the WB with 9-11, lose 2-4 there go to their water marks with 7-9 lose 2-3 there and have 4 places and a Jam or 2. PERFECT!!

GOOD LUCK with the finish

I was thinking the same thing, better to have to much test than not enough, and end up with very little seperation at the end.. From a judging and a running point of view..

Good luck..

Sounds like her blinds were good but not good enough to make up for poor performance on marks. Trainer seems pleased with her first attempt at this level. Wouldn't be surprised if we get the email to enter her again in a couple weeks. Shouldn't take over two weeks to get back to mn so they might have something in mind.

My thoughts as well Todd. 30 dog Q to set up a test that not one dog does your 1st test land marks without a handle does seem to be a bit extreme. The last Q I did up at Fargo we only had one dog do our last test without a handle but we went to our WM with only 7 dogs. The last test is where you before only 2-3 dogs do your test right. The less paper to look at for placements the better.

Either way Bryce, Welcome to the fun part of trialing. Where now it is team work that gets you to the end not just the dogs marking ability. Have fun this Summer. I know I have one Q assignment and I would guess Todd has one or two as well. We look forward to seeing your dog whether it be run by you or Tim. Have fun with it!!!

Got it. Wifey got email, entered her, and deleted email leaving me with the mushroom treatment. See one of Maddies teammates got a Q JAM as a 2 yo at the last event. Hope they're trading notes.

CONGRATULATIONS Bryce on your dog gettting QAA!! That is great news, now its time for YOU to step up to the plate and start running her.

You come up to Virginia get your feet wet in the Q there. I promise we will go easy on you. haha

Thanks for invite but would need to win lottery first. Just not possible to run my own dog in my line of work. Would never run my dog in Q though and steal that place from another dog even though it would be good for me as a handler. Will have to take my lumps in the amateur.

I think that is nice of you to think that, however, she has not won yet and you do not have to move up until you have 2 wins.

Mat time is very important and the more you get to run her the better. The last dog I had I double staked in the AM and the Open for that very reason.

By the way, my boy won the Open last week in Fargo. 3 years 4 months, to bad I sold him in December.

Maybe we will run into one another this summer at a trial. Continued success!!