• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Older Dog Shopping

chasineyes

A friend of mine is trying to find a home for a 3 year old GSP female. She does fairly well hunting, but doesn't retrieve. She is a real sweatheart and in good health. The story is she was a kids dog, now the kid is moving to college and the parents are moving into an apt and cant have large dog. We need to find a good home for her.

I was suppose to get all of her info this weekend to post it, but being someone is looking i can still get you the specifics later if interested.

She needs to go to a good home.

Her name is Lacie:

full-17729-17952-img_3402.jpg

full-17729-17953-img_3414.jpg

full-17729-17954-img_3420.jpg

full-17729-17955-img_3421.jpg

full-17729-17956-img_3442.jpg

full-17729-17957-img_3417.jpg

A friend has a retired trial springer with loads of tallant and hundreds of wild bird hunts in. Free to a good home indoors. He has to be a house dog. He has a super personality. PM if interested, but I think hes 7 or so.

PS the dogs name is Cory. And he would hunt right out of the box very well. Retrieves nice to hand and has the best personality you could ask for in a dog. Black and white male about 50 lbs. Real nice dog and hunting partner. Finds birds well and trails them well to.

Hello, is she an inside dog? What we're looking for is a house dog that the kids can walk with and I can take to the river for some walking and maybe light pheasant hunting. Not real hard core hunting but just enjoy "wandering" around outside. I've only had labs in my past so I'm guessing with the short hair, shedding isn't a huge problem?

If you want to send your friend my email its [email protected]

THanks

Yes, she is an inside dog and she has a very calm demeanor. Short hairs do shed some, but not as noticeable. She is very nice around people and has been socialized with other dogs at a dog day care and boarding place in Jordan. Her obedience seems like it is good, she responded to whoa and stay and sit when I was out there taking the pictures and would do good on a walk with the leash for kids too.

They tested her on some birds and she did decent with finding them and pointing, but didn't retrieve at all...but would serve you decent for occasional field hunting and hiking.

I'll forward your email to my friend (who runs the dog day care facility) that is trying to find a good home for her. Her name is Tory and she probably wont get back to you until tomorrow. The dog is also located in Jordan.

This is really cool!!! Glad the family and dog found one another. Our first beagle was a rescue dog and the second a puppy. Doing it both ways was interesting but when its time for the next one we're going with an older dog. A lot of people have told me, with a puppy, you know what you're getting, but for us, that has proved to be exactly the opposite. We love our younger dog, don't get me wrong, but there's something to be said for adopting an older dog. There are many benefits and it just works better for many people and the dog! Good luck and hope you are enjoying one another.