• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Conclusion to the 2011-2012 spearing season.

bassNspear

As I look back on the season this year, I think about a lot of the awesome things that had happened not only to me, but to the anglers that were out and about this year during the outings. I took a lot of trips north this year, more than ever, and plan on doing it again this year.

Start of the season, I was able to get out with my buddy Laska for the first trip of the season to Cass Lake area and see what it was all about. We were there not only to get out and see some fish, but to see what the spearing world was going to be like in the Cass Lake area. Laska has an amazing day the last day we were there, and to see the light in that kids eyes, and the happinest that he had for spearing a personal best, was something I will never forget. I have been spearing this area since I have been a kid, and to see what Steve and Frog have done to get spearing back in the Cass Lake area is something special. It’s just not the fishing guys up there, but report’s, business, gas stations and much more have seen a huge uptake in their business because of the reopening of Cass Lake.

Our 2nd annual outing on Winnie was another huge success. We bumped up this year with guest to the event, and it was another special trip. It was great to see all the people there, but most of, to see a NEWBIE not only win the saw, but get the biggest fish, and win the NORD trophy. The Winnie trip is a very special trip for Fishing Minnesota Spearing Forum. We’re not all out there just to spear fish, but to be able to spend 2-3 days with people that you normally don’t get to see face to face. Playing poker, having a few beverages, or just simply talking out on the ice is what this trip was about. As you all know, we have it booked again for next year, so if you are interested, let me know.

After Winnie, I found some more time to get back to the Cass Lake area with my family. It’s a trip we take every year, and it was a blast. To see my Grandpa and dad have so much fun just being out there, is something special. We see a lot of fish, but the best part was being way from the regular work life, away from all the traffic, but most of all, playing cards and relaxing.

I’m sure that next year we will have so much more to talk about as well. This forum has grown so much since we started it, and I want to thank you all for the support and keeping dark house spearing not only a sport, but a family tradition!

Let’s all share some thoughts from this years season!

BNS pretty summed up how great the Winnie GTG was this year. I had an absolute blast and can't wait for next year.

My season wasn't the greatest because of being out on the road for weeks at a time. I was spoiled the previous two years when I averaged 5 days a week in my house.

This weekend will be fun with the second GTG for the year.

Its worth getting ny gear ready just for those two weekends.

This season went by so fast it seemed I hardly made it out even though I only missed 1 weekend from Dec 12th my first trip out to the season close. Their were a lot of high lights this season the two spearing GTG's were a blast and I also went and speared during the grindstone GTG. The group of people we have at theses GTG's are all great people and I can't wait for next years trips to start. I also had brought out 3 different people for their first spearing experiences and they all say they are hooked now the best one was the 15 year old neighbor girl getting her first fish and being with when Gordies boy got his personal best.

Thank you everyone for all the quality advise and the memories we made over this ice season. Everyone stay safe till next spearing season and let's try and keep this forum rolling through out the off season.