• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coming to a End

Gordie

Well we Are coming to the end of another spearing season.

Thanks to all of you Guys and Gals for posting pics and Vids along the way.

This a great site for sharing stuff like our passion of our sport and it couldnt be done without you people.

I wish I could of gotten to the First Get To Gator because thats what I look forward to more than spearing it self is meeting up with others that share the same sport as I do.

Thanks for keeping the Tradition of spearing alive.

Good Luck thru the rest of the season and dont forget about the GTG Feb. 25th on Lake Minnewaska

First weekend I've stayed home since before Christmas, I'm missing spearing already. Thanks everyone for the information on the forums. Working on making small wheelhouses for spearing, hopefully I can get some made affordable. I'm getting too old to lift them on the trailer. Good luck everyone.

I like making new ones. The new ones will be six feet wide and seven feet long, so there will be room for a second person. The one I usually use is four by six. The exterior will be vinyl covered aluminum. I don't think the perfect spear house for everyone, will ever be built, but I'll try.

I can say this year was the most fun I had spearing. The trip to Cass was great. Lot of fish, great time with old friends and a few new friends made. Already planning next year. Some of the old guys couldn't beleave how fast Matt could cut them a spear hole. Winne was just as much fun. I put alot of names to faces and had lots of laughs. Around home I just enjoyed going and sitting for a few hours everyday, somedays better than others. I had a few big ones slip though, just to get the heart pumping hard knowing I would be back the next day and might get a shot again. Some of the best days I never took a fish and just enjoyed the view.

The sad thing is I will not be at the get-together on Saturday because I have the chance to go to Devils Lake to spear and fish perch and walleyes. Its been along time since I was there and have wanted to go back for a while aready. Going to enjoy every day like its the last. smile