• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replacing Livewell Pumps

ducker

Many boats use the Flowrite system. I've worked on a few different ones, and while it could be the pump, I doubt it. My guess would be the flappers in a valve, or possibly an o-ring, or a cracked pipe if maybe some water was not drained completely and it froze. Here is a link if it's ok to post, showing what the flappers look like. You'll have to get underneath and see if you can determine where the leak is coming from and if it has this type system. Some are tougher to reach and work on but not impossible. Good luck. (Note from Admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you)

just a heads up on these hoses and pumps. i assumed everything was fine as usual on my Chrestliner 1850. i was camping up north and got up one morning with a cup of coffee in hand to walk down to where my boat was. there it was, half underwater. fortunatly in was parked in shallow water so the motor was not submerged. fortunatly i put in a new bilge pump in prior to going on this trip.

i walked around to the back of the boat thinking i forgot to put the plug in. nope, was in there nice and tight. put the bilge pump on and used a pail to help it out getting the water out. after the water was out i opened the disc covering the pumps and sure enough there was a crack in the plastic connection to the hose. very small but enough to put water in enough to fill the cavity overnight.

moral of the story is that i should have replaced the livewell pump along with the bilge pump. good luck.

Water in the bilge area was the main thing. It is a 1995 and I bought it used. I don't think any of the hoses or pumps have been replaced. I do not believe there is any hull issues. Go Bison

Thanks

I would hold a garden hose to the inlet while the pump is running and try and identify where the water is coming from. Pull the valve panel located just behind the step up to the front casting deck or just in front of the rear storage compartments and pin down where the water is coming from.

marine_man

i dont know how many times that has ever happened to anyone but it looked pretty dire at the time. i did buy the best bilge pump on display at the time and i'm glad i did. the water level in the back was over the boat. so when i turned the pump on i lifted the back end of the boat up with a log i found in the woods until lake water no longer entered the boat from the surface. i also started the motor up to keep the battery charged up. took about a half hour before i could see where the leak was.

i loosen'd the clamp on the rubber hose on the livewell pump and pushed the hose over the leak as far as i could and made sure the clamp was tight on the hose. this was a good fix and did the trick until i got home. good luck.