• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow hunting in the Paul Bunyan State Forest

alex1

I'm hoping that someone can tell me if a person can bow hunt in the Paul Bunyan state forest by Man Trap lake. I want to take a trip with my son to do some bow hunting this fall, and combine it with some muskie fishing. I know you can hunt certain areas of state forests just don't where, or how to find out. Any, and all info is appreciated. thanks guys and gals.

To know for sure call the local CO....but you should also be able to look in the regs. If their isn't anything stated specifically saying Paul Bunyan SF is off limits than you are good to go. I haven't reviewed the regs looking for PB SF, but do believe you are allowed to hunt there.

thanks Jameson, now i just need to find a map of the boundaries of the state forest area there and we'll be good. it"s gonna be a long wait till September. Have to go up a couple times and scope out different areas to hunt from.

Hunt from your boat while you fish, just drop a guy off on shore when you see them wading in the water ? Just kidding but really I've never seen so many deer standing belly deep in a lake like Mantrap over the past 25 years and they seem to not really care when you go whistling by.

Do yourself a huge favor and email Your Local Co officer and the Regulation hotline. This way if anything comes of it you have it on paper. After my ordeal this past year with them (DNR OFFICERS) I will document every question I have. It will save you.

schmoe, can u elaberate. What happeneed, did u get pinched cuz of private property inside the SF? I'm worried about that the most. There's a couple of spots I'd like to try from going up there in the past, just not sure about the private property boundaries. With all the private cabins, resorts, and houses it could be a mess.

A good buddy has a cabin across the street on Bad Axe lake. When I was younger we used to bow hunt MEA weekend every year. There are some nice bucks in there. I hit a 120 inch 8 that I never recovered in there and my buddy took a 115 inch 10 pointer. There is really not much pressure, or at least when we hunted it.