• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Ranger Tiller

Corey Heiser

Some of you have heard, some may not. Ranger has just introduced a new tiller. It will be the 175 T. This was announced at the NPAA conference this past weekend. Many of you have been looking for a smaller Ranger tiller. It's 17 1/2 feet long, has an 86inch beam and rated for a 75. If you want more information, please send me a message. The boat is supposed to be displayed for the first time at the Northwest Sports Show in March.

Corey Heiser

nopics.gif

The boat dosen't exactly exist right now. At the NPAA meeting last weekend, the pics of the boat taken on Friday and shown to us on Sunday still had it in two pieces. The first boat produced will be at the Northwest sports show in March. This will also be the first showing of the boat to the public.

I saw the pics, John saw the pics, Corey saw the pics...

Guess there was one place to be to see the pics. smile

There's a video on the net of George Liddle talking about the specifics of the boat,

thats almost as good as pics. smile

Finally some pics! grin

175T_Angler_1.jpg

175T_Sideshot.png

2013 RANGER 175T ANGLER

Overall Hull Length: 17 feet, 7 inches

Beam: 87 inches

Maximum HP: 75

Engine Shaft Length: 20 inches

Inside Depth: 19 inches

Fuel Capacity: 23 gallons

Total Persons/Motor/Gear: 1,200 lbs.

Approx. Boat Weight: 1,200 lbs.

Trailer Capacities/Specifications

Trailer GVWR: SM2995

Length on Trailer with Motor Down: 22 feet, 2 inches

Length on Trailer with Motor Down & Swing-Away Tongue Open: 20 feet, 2 inches

Width on Trailer: 95 inches

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in this boat and was expecting something a little more. From the responses I've been reading/hearing it doesn't sound like I'm alone in that regard and I really think that Ranger missed on this one. It appears I'll stick with my 618T for a while longer until something better comes along in the 17' size.

Just watched the video. There are certainly some hits and misses with this boat. Big hit, 9' rod locker. Big miss, not much storage space. The front deck looks naked without another locker up there. No space to throw life vests when you trailer down the road. I know a lot of guys strap em to the seat, but I would rather put em away. Lack of adequate storage is gonna hurt sales.