• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ontario lake maps?

Which lake are you looking for? There are some websites that lead you to calling and ordering. Do a search for Northwest Ontario Maps and it will have a number you can call. I have personally never ordered, but I am in possession of maps from there purchased from the resort I go to. I think they are pretty good, although not as much detail as you would hope for. Other than Navionics I have never seen a great map of Lac Seul, for example. I'm sure there is one out there, just never found it.

It is the planning stage of the trip/time of year, isn't it? Great time of year. I will be looking at the Minnitaki Lake map today, with a few adult beverages.

Not necessarily the big popular lakes. I'm an off the grid kind of ice fisherman and I'm looking at some of the lakes in the Crane/Lac la Croix area right now for various species, mainly lakers, walleye, and crappies.

The MNR HSOforum gave me a little info but no maps. I doubt I can just get to any lake I want but I'm always looking for something out of the way and realize I might burn a couple weekends looking for it. Contour maps would help greatly once I access a lake.

We'll be up that way next weekend and have some planned spots to go to but I like mixing it up when I can.

Well, I'm a dreamer I guess. grin But it does raise some more ideas.

I've grown used to how the MN DNR manages our 10,000+ lakes and how I can look up contour maps of mud puddles that freeze out every third year. While I've been looking over maps and info that are/is available for ON waters I've also come to realize they don't manage their 100,000+ lakes and rivers the same way in case 2 people want to try one some time. wink

Still, I thought I'd ask since I've seen some remarkable info pop up from our HSO members. Sometimes a guy can be really impressed.

Sure does. Difficult access does the same though. Sometimes even with a map it can take hours to tune into a spot when you're augering holes. Not nearly as easy as a boat or even canoe.

I don't mind working for my fish but a 5 hour one way drive and 3 maybe 4 trips in entire winter makes maps pretty valuable. Plus I just flat out like to look at a good map. I should have been a Cartographer.

See you guys, good fishing. I have to finish packing.