• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My year in review.

The end of the year is upon us and I sure didn't get out as much as previous years. Due to the price of gas, among other things, I did very little traveling for photo purposes. I didn't even make many of my usual 60 mile drives around here. I even sold my 50D, but my 30D still does the job. In fact, I just bought a second one to have on hand just in case I have something planned and something happens to the other one. I did get a few shots I was happy with, for one reason or another. The following are from June on.

Due to it facing me, this is my favorite pheasant shot, even with the weed in front of his breast.

6578490285_2ceac6c50b_b.jpg

This was my first mink. I did make a trek over to Big Stone NWR for a day of fun.

6578490147_68ec4b2599_b.jpg

I went back again a week later in hopes of finding an otter. No otter, but I did find another mink.

6578489917_7de0a942f2_b.jpg

This Rusty Blackbird was a first sighting for me, also at Big Stone.

6578490035_0051607ddd_b.jpg

A cormorant also at Big Stone.

6578486475_3859a2d8a9_b.jpg

Quite a few of these at Big Stone. This is my first environmental shot of these in trees.

6578486491_038a5a4c78_b.jpg

Yep, a crow. Actually, this is the first time I've ever taken a pic of a crow.

6578486485_e3ce22e97f_b.jpg

I consider this my prettiest shot of 2011. This Harris sparrow was in my Amur Maple just before the leaves fell.

6578486507_edbd59c8a2_b.jpg

Last, but not least, I found this Great Gray at the Sax Zim Bog in June. I was forced to go to a friend's wedding with my wife in Duluth, so the next day I made my wife accompany me to the bog and I got lucky finding this owl. It's not the greatest photo due to the lighting, but I'm still thrilled with it.

6578486497_c996c67806_b.jpg