• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2011 Line of Clam Shelters

Hey guys just wanted to make a quick post regarding 2011-2012 Clam Shelters. Just purchased a CLAM NANOOK on Monday evening, got around to putting it together last night. In all it took about 3 and a half hours to put together.

Going into it I actually thought it was going to be much more bothersome to assemble than it actually was. After reading people's post and seeing my future father-in-law struggle assembling his CLAM SCOUT PRO last year, I didn't know what I was in for. With his help, we attacked it and had 0 problems putting it together. It seems like Clam may have listened to customer reviews and hit it on the head. The hardware must have been upgraded because all hardware worked great with no stripping or heads of bolts popping off. Putting the tarp and stripping on wasn't a problem either. Advise would be to put the stripping on the sled before working on anything so that it can form sto the sled by the time that you are on the final stretch and ready to secure it When secureing the tarp and the stripping, we found pulling the tarp down to about the sewing seem and folding it around the lip of the back of the sled was the perfect length. Then securing the middle of the back first and working towards the corners was best. Once you get to the corners there will be extra tarp in which you can pull a little extra around the lip.

Doing this, there was no problems with the lie of the front pole (on the ground), and assembly went perfect. Matt Johnson seemed to be right in his post about the new line of Clam products being better quality. Two thumbs up to Clam!