• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

texas riggin crappie?

fishin4life90

hey guys i was wondering if it was possible to use texas rigging for crapie?
im gonna try this weekend from shore at prior lake.has anyone done this before?
im use a skinny like 3" worm.
if i can't catch crappie with this what do you think i can catch?
thanks everyone

caught a couple bigger crappie doing that labor day weekend while fishing for bass with a 4" storm soft plastic, they hit hard and i didnt know they were crappies till they came to the surface, smallest one was aboot 11 1/2" and they came off of the edges of some lily pads

I have seen instances when the crappies are simply shut down that drop shotting works to get a few. The problem with the system is the need to be vertical...as in a boat. This concept was used last fall in some real thick, submerged wood tangles and some nice fish were taken by threading the line right down thru the junk and hold it motionless. Then just tap the rod with a finger. The plastic used was one commonly used for ice fishing and had a rat tail. Tapping the line set that tail in motion just enough to get the fish to suck it in. This fishing requires a heavier line...8-10 pound, clear is best and you will want to use a small single hook instead of a jig. Tie the hook on using a palomar knot at random depths until you find the fish. During deep fronts at this time of year, look for theses fish to be deep and very tight to cover.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom

[email protected]
FM Sponsors
Pro Staff Coordinator

i have used the drop shot rig before and at times done real well, but only at times. have never tried a texas rig for them either. you just never know unless you try it! remember that fishing is alway an on going exsperiment ! del