• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is everybody's lake slow?

polarispro600

Went out on Friday north of Brainerd about 13 miles, and had nine and three fourths inches of ice. Speared three northerns, two at twentythree inches and one at twentysix inches. Two of them came in fast and hit the live decoy. They tasted great. Got three on Saturday, with the last one being about twentynine and a half. They are driving lighter vehicles out on the ice. I stuck with the four wheeler.

I have been hitting it pretty hard this year with work being slow. I have been out almost everyday. The numbers of fish I am seeing this year compared to last is down dramatically. I thought this cold front might get them moving but doesent seem to have made a diffrence. The fish I am seeing are usally over 30 or close to. How is everybody elses lake slow? I think it might be the no snow cover on the lakes..

I have been out about a half dozen times during January this year. Never got out earlier but it has been pretty active around me. Mostly smaller fish but I prefer to spear the 2-3 lbs anyway for pickling. Anyhoo, I have not been out yet and not gotten fish. Typically seeing a couple fish every hour or so. As mentioned above, they have been aggressive and attacking the live decoy, most of the time before I ever see them in the hole. Spearing in deeper water then normal for me though at 12 feetish. Pike are coming through anywhere from right on the bottom to 2 feet below the ice.