• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yammie Big Bear 350 Recoil Start

Eelpout08

Early '90's Yamaha big bear 350 4x4

Is there a way to add a recoil start to this machine?

Apperently someone at yamaha thought having a way to start this wheeler when the battery carps out in the middle of the lake wasn't necesary when they designed it. confused

Would a recoil fit from any other models?

I have a 1991 Yamaha Moto 4 350. When I bought it it only had the electric start and I was always concerned when out on the lake. I ended up buying one off the E auction sight for 35.00 and I put another 20.00 worth of new springs and a cam in it. If I remember right the recoil came off a early 90s warrior.. It bolted right on and works great.

my antique 1987 4x4 big bear has a recoil starter along with the battery start it also has compression release which is absolute necessity for pull starting it! they cant be that much differant they havent changed em much except for suspension ,steering, and increased em to a 400,theese things are tank like theres a reason they still make em!!

My '95 Wolverine 350 is in the same boat. I would also like to add recoil to it, comp release ot not! I'd say having a miserable chance at pull starting it is better than no chance at all. I may have to do some cross checking and see what works. That 350 engine was used on a lot of models in the 90's, and I don't think the lower end was all that different on them.

In a similar vein, if someone has experience with the Mikuni 36mm BTM carb on this, I'd appreciate a PM. It has an accelerator pump and coasting enricher, and when it runs good it runs great, but seems to always need some TLC to get running consistant.

I've got a 04 350 Bruin and a 05 450 Kodiak which both have the recoil start on them. Maybe they wised up. I had to use one of them the other night and I like to broke my arm off trying to pull it but thank God it fired up. Now that it was mentioned I'm going to check the manual to see if there is a compression release.