• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Winter Boots that Burn!

I just wanted a recommendation for women's winter boots that really, REALLY work. There is so much ad fluff out there that it's hard to wade through. EVERYONE claims to have the world's warmest boots... My GF loves, loves, loves to ice fish, but days of sitting on the ice can get shortened quickly by cold feet...

So, what is the warmest pair of boots you ladies have ever tried? Something you can fish all day in and not get cold in. Do they even exist?

Thank you so much.

I know a lot of people swear by Mukluks, I have a pair of Sorrels that pull on, which are warm for about 3-4 hours. I also have a pair of Kamik boots that are actually men's that I got on sale. Although they are a little stiff, they keep my feet warm for a long time. I have noticed that my feet don't get as cold if I am moving around, but if I am just sitting they do get cold. Another key factor is getting the feet up off the ice helps a lot. I have hauled a small piece of 2 inch styrofoam with me to rest my feet on.

I really think that Barb's plan with the 2"styro. along with a good pair of boots along with getting up and taking a short walk. Unless the fish are snapping it should not waste too much fishing time. If you can afford the Mukluks they are nice and very light. I like my Lacrosse Ice Kings but they are not the greatest when you have to walk a distance. If that is the case I will wear a pair of hiking boots and change when I get to my fishing spot. Good wicking socks are another must have if you want to keep you feet warm.

Ice armour boots bought a pair two years ago and love them. Used to wear Bunny boots which are bulky but always warm even if they fill up with water and its 25 below. However the clam boot is so much lighter, easy to get on and my feet have always been warm even when sitting for extended period of time.

Agree 100%. I've had Ice Armour Onyx boots 3+ yrs now and won't go back.

However the clam boot is so much lighter, easy to get on and my feet have always been warm even when sitting for extended period of time.