• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moultr.....D55 IR

Wensel

There is no flash on these units, you will see the LED's turn red with a picture is taken.

Batteries were new I expect? Don't know why the change battery light would be on if that was the case.

There is a firmware upgrade for these, you might want to put that file on a SD card and try to flash the firmware and see if that brings it around, otherwise there's probably bigger issues.

I've got 4 of these and they are very good cameras.

Mike

Thanks Mike

The batt meter was 100% but I changed anyway

So when the LEDs go red that should provide a B&W image?

Where can I download the Firmware upgrade?

Yes I agree this is a nice cam for the $ daytime pics are great

Thanks again!

Hopefully the firmware upgrade will take care of your issue. I've heard uncomplimentary things about the customer service from that manufacturer. I've got three I40's and other than very slow trigger speed, I've been quite happy with them.

I did have one other issue with my Moultrie- they're not bear proof! A bear decided to beat the tar out of mine and it didn't bounce back too well...

If you go to Moultries site, ( moultriefeeders ) and look up the D55IR, near the bottom of it's page it will show a SOFTWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE HERE click on that and save that file to a SD card, they give you step by step update instructions on the site before you download the software.

I believe this update was to add more trigger speed / setting options but who know, it might help your situation.

If it's using IR, yes, you should get black and white pics.

Mike

I have two of these, thanks for the info about update. My main complaint is trigger speed. They do have flash though, at least mine do. Maybe slightly different model?... I am pretty sure it is same though... oh well, at the cabin so can't check, but will get the update. thanks! smile

A bud of mine got a deal on one of these for me like 700 miles away.

Does this cam have a flash?

Changed batts set-up is on?

Wont flash, all the red LEDs blink and I get black pictures.

Any info would be apprecaited

FYI: If you are getting "black" pictures, it is often a sign that the batteries are weak.

I had great customer service this year from moultrie. I sent a camera in that I had on a mineral station that was destroyed by a bear the second night out in the metro. They replaced the camera for no charge and I had it back in the woods in about 3-4 weeks.