• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stoeger Double 20

I've had a hankering for a double 20 for a long time and I finally popped for one last week. It is a Stoeger Uplander and now that I've been playing with it in the house I am starting to think I made a mistake. You just about have to crack it over a 2X4 to get it to open and the triggers are so heavy I'm sure my kid or my wife could never pull them. (2 trigger and the front one is the worst)

The C store told me that they would send it to the factory if they thought it was defective. I think the main problem is a really serious lack of fine machining to get the parts smooth. Anyone think I could do anything myself to get it to work more easily?

I guess you shouldn't expect much for $350 when it comes to a double but I do think I have a right to expect something that at least functions decently.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

If the retailer won't work with you at all, and you end up stuck with the gun, you could use a dremel or similar polishing tool on the wear surfaces. Just clean them up a little at a time until you get the feel that you want. Pay attention to the contours of the triggers to ensure that you keep a shoulder on them. Accidential discharges are not your friend. Simply working the action and triggers a whole lot would be another way to loosen them up.

Load some snap caps and take a 2x4 to it while you're watching TV. grin

Of course, if the retailer does work with you, take your money and run. Start haunting the local gun shops for a used gun you like at a price you're comfortable with.

I don't think you can take it back to the big C store. All firearms sales are final. As suggested you might want to contact Stoeger to see if they will work with you. It sickening whan you purchase a new gun and not happy because of the trigger pull. It's not like you can ask the store to put in a snap cap and check the trigger pull (although never asked). Good luck.