• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Enchanted Forest -- winter and summer

Ken and I have been shooting this tiny pocket of heaven since we discovered it awhile back, but most of our work has been summer work. Based on how the summer and winter images look, I've decided to go ahead and see if spring and fall in this location also will clearly show which season it is.

So Ken and I were on the road the other day. Very, very quiet day as far as critters moving around (pretty much zilch), but we'd just gotten a few inches of snow, while the rivers/creeks with decently running water were still open, and those were exactly the conditions we wanted to start looking at the Enchanted Forest in winter.

So first the summer image, and then the one from the other day.

full-635-14034-enchantedsummer.jpg

full-635-14035-enchantedwinter.jpg

full-635-14036-enchantedwinterbw.jpg

Because we're pretty sure this creek is spring fed (water is very cold all summer, and flow is good no matter how dry it's been), it's possible this creek will stay open for a few more weeks. If we end up getting a big dump of snow while the creek is still open, I think that would cover up a lot of the cuts and bruises showing in this winter scene. smile

that looks like the cedar's and greenery around Goldeneye lake near Isabella. almost exactly as i describe it to people. you would think there would be a Leprecan popping out at any minute. it's probably not the spot but what a beautiful place. the color green is 90 percent and you would think you were in an enchanted forest. great pics. good luck.

Love the stark contrast between the first two scenes, and the fact that you were thorough enough to compose nearly identical image captures. I hear what you are saying regarding more snow coverage probably "enhancing" the winter image, but I still think it's great as is...