• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEW Larson FX1750

ANYFISH2

This may sound like a plug, as I build these boats.

Larson seems to really want to break into to the fishing boat niche. This is welcomed by me, as I am far more of a fisherman than a pleasure boater.

I was able to go and ride on the prototypes and give feedback this past summer, and I will say I was pleasantly suprised, this boat is a great step forward for Larson's. Although I have not been able to fish out of the boats yet, and waters where on the calm side the ride was very good, stable and quick.

I would love for all you, whom get the opportunity, in the coming months to see and possible ride in these boats to give your feedback to me or the company. I will be more than happy to relay any opinions or suggestions to our engineering dept. I really hope that all your suggestions and opinions will help us build the best fishing boat possible at Larson Boats.

Check the boats out at larson Boats site and take a look.

Thanks for any input and for looking.

Are you talking about the LX 620SF? Nice looking boat, but hardly a fishing boat, maybe a fish n' ski, with an emphasis on ski. Fishing boats shouldn't have the swept back sporty windshields, they take up too much room, and trying to fish around the 3-4 foot long side window is a pain to say the least. The dash is tiny so no way to mount a decent size fish finder/gps. In the pictures I don't see any good tackle storage areas either. The huge swim platform/stern takes up way too much space and because of that they needed to move the helm forward and thus making the bow/casting platform way to small.

Like I said, nice looking boat and a good start, but the design team needed to get input from fishermen if they are going to try and market it to fishermen.

Never mind that post, I didn't see FX1750 in the title, and looking around the Larson site the 620 was the only I found that looked close to being a fishing boat.

The FX1750 looks great, I'll have to look more into it and give my thoughts.

i'm presuming you are talking bout larson in little falls

if so heres the deal

i owned a crestliner angler 1989 it was a glass boat

way ahead of its time...one problem back then was it was a heavy boat and bigger tillers were just appearing on the market

the boat i bought was sitting in the yard down there the guy that was going to buy couldnt get the mony or something it was going to be a wheel boat...but i bought it and hung a 60 evrinrude on the back

i didnt know at the time i purchased it but it turned out to be the best major purchase i ever made i had it 20 yrs

with that 60 i could blow buy 125-135hp tin boats on mille lacs

in big rollers and for the most part stay dry

i did it many times as tourments over there back then were alll shotgun starts

it was a great boat....then when jacobs bought creatliner he made creatliner a strictly tin boat company

but larson built them for a couple of yrs

my advice was have them go back and find that hull design and start from there

i dont believe there is a better hull than that one

and i'm running a Yar Craft now and i would trade it if i could design one of those on the inside....it truely was a great boat

and lots of people that fished with me asked where they could get one

of course i had to say they quit making them

i believe they could take over the tiller walleye market if done right on the inside and no reason they couldnt

it was a get backtrolling boat there was tons of walleye caught in that boat