• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Tongs

bowhunt

Have any of you purchased and used these tongs from Northern Tool? They look like they might work well for pulling ice blocks, for a reasonable price.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200307441_200307441

If anyone knows of any other place where I can get some tongs for a similar price or less, please let me know. Trying to get a pair before season.

Thanks for any help.

Bowhunt

Have any of you purchased and used these tongs from Northern Tool? They look like they might work well for pulling ice blocks, for a reasonable price.

If anyone knows of any other place where I can get some tongs for a similar price or less, please let me know. Trying to get a pair before season.

Thanks for any help.

Bowhunt

dont know about the Ice tongs but BNS is a expert when it comes to Ice Thongs laugh

I did purchase tongs from Northern last year and they do work good, to make them better I ground the tips to a sharp point now they work much better. I wish they had the 2 hand style, would give a better grip when lifting the block, but for the price these work just fine.

I got a pair from Double Diamond Spears in Plato a couple years ago. Cost was $60 shipped. They work great. Stand up style.

Last winter Scheel's in St. Cloud had some very nice looking ice tongs.

Search online and you might find others.

I did purchase tongs from Northern last year and they do work good, to make them better I ground the tips to a sharp point now they work much better. I wish they had the 2 hand style, would give a better grip when lifting the block, but for the price these work just fine.

I did the same thing. A few minutes with a grinder and they take a nice bite smile

Thanks, for all of the help guys. I ended up finding an old antique pair online and picked them up on Sunday. They must be really old because the loops for the handles are forged together instead of welded. I need to do a little work on the teeth to get a better point on them but other then that they should work good. The guy I bought them from said his Grandpa used them for spearing when this guy was a kid. I'm glad I can use them to carry on the tradition, and hopefully some day pass them on to the next generation of Spear Fishermen.

Bowhunt

Thanks, for all of the help guys. I ended up finding an old antique pair online and picked them up on Sunday. They must be really old because the loops for the handles are forged together instead of welded. I need to do a little work on the teeth to get a better point on them but other then that they should work good. The guy I bought them from said his Grandpa used them for spearing when this guy was a kid. I'm glad I can use them to carry on the tradition, and hopefully some day pass them on to the next generation of Spear Fishermen.

Bowhunt

Be careful Bowhunt buying antique tongs can be an addiction. I have many of them hanging in my shed.

Thanks for any help.

Bowhunt

On a site that sounds like knee Fay I got two for that price and $10.00 shipping