• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shock suggestions...

Meat-Run

Hey sled heads I need some suggestions on new or used rechargable shocks for my 01 Polaris 700 sks please let me know if used is a good idea and/or should I go new and if so what inexpensive brand should I look at? I need front for sure and maybe do the tunnel shocks please give details and difficulty of front and back to replace?

thanks for any suggestions you provide!

mr

I would try to replace with what you have one there. If there is gabriel shocks on there, they are about the cheapest your going to find. Used gas shocks are always a gamble as to whether or not they need rebuilding when you get them. If they need to be rebuilt your looking at $40-$60 each to have them rebuilt and re-charged. I have found over the years that it's best to have them replaced or rebuilt every 2000 miles for the best ride quality and handling.

Do you have gas on there now? If so, check out www.deycore.com He's pretty good at rebuilding trashed shocks. Next time, rebuild them every other season and you won't have as much of an issue.

As NAMA said, if they're the el cheapos, might as well buy new replacements from Shadetree or someother aftermarket company.

They're all easy to replace. Just unbolt the old and bolt in the new.

They are the cheaper front shocks. Non rebuildable. Polaris replacement part numbers are 7041799 for the two front shocks, 7041438 for the rear track shock, and 7041745 for the front track shock. This is only for the shock not the springs or retainers (IFS). You will need to take the retainers and springs off and replace the shock themselves and re-assemble. Make sure to note how much spring pre-load is on the adjusters so you can put them back to the right setting when you re-assemble (Frontshocks). Good luck!