• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wind From the East

CrappieJohn

I do not not go fishing because the wind is from a certain direction. To make a point...Rick and I fished this morning in an east wind and we caught tons of fish. When I get up in the morning the first thing I check out, other than the john, is the weather bug. If I plan to fish that day, I consider whether the wind will cause safety issues, boat control issues and where exactly I intend to fish. If the wind is going to be a "thing" in any catagory, I plan accordingly. Too many people have given up too many wonderful days of fishing due to that "wind in the east "adage. Go fishing...

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]
Culprit Crappie Pro Staff

Last night I had a blast. I caught and released quite a few fish. Nine of which were 10" sunnies. Here's is a question for Tom:

Is it true what they say about wind from the east? Or, would you go fishing anyway? We are supposed to have an east wind tonight.

decoy

i wonder if the old adage got started cause the old timers never considered that an east wind usually meant another front had come through. like the guys had said; other than safety, you may want to consider how the front may affect the fish. i live my the old adage of:: go fishing when ever you can! del

Well, so I went out Friday in that east wind. I found the sunnies and caught and released fish until 8:30 pm. The biggest ones came after dark. I had 5 that were 10" and ten that fell between 7-8." Along with two jumbo perch.

It was a fun time. I think the old adage got started by those older fishermen who wanted the lake all to them selves on East wind days.............

Thanks,

decoy

Decoy....Stop and think about this...some of the best fishing occurs just prior to a weather change. East winds usher in RADICAL weather changes and some of the most profound fishing you will ever see.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom

Culprit Tackle Crappie Pro Staff
[email protected]