• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

11 " Gill

early007

Hey fellas, thanks for all the great advice. I'm just getting into the Bluegill thing and I'm learning a lot. I caught my first big Gill this afternoon. An 11 incher and you guys will be glad to hear she's still swimming. I took a few photos and let her go. Any idea what an 11 incher would weigh?

Awesome fish! Those 11 inchers are hard to come by. E-mail me a picture of it and I can pst it for you. I would say that it weighed 1.25 pounds, but it depends on the thickness. Congrats!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Congrats early on that awesome gill. It takes a true sportsman to release a gill of this caliber and you passed the test. Those big Bull gills get addictive so look out I'm sure you already are hooked!!!

That is impressive. Please post the picture so we all can enjoy. Man, I would have had a really tough time not putting that one on the wall. Then again, that picture will last you a live time.

At first I thought she was a snake but I lucked out. I was down at the sportshow on Tuesday. I saw some of the work that Artistic Anglers from Duluth has done with replicas. Thats the route I think I'll take. Matt I'll work on getting a photo emailed to you.

Jason Erlandson

Sounds good Jason. Looking forward to seeing this beauty!

I would look at FiberTech as well for replicas, they do an excellent job too. I visited their business a week ago and I must say, I was very impressed. Their work is very good and they are my choice for replicas right now. Theier panfish are phenomenal as are their larger gamefish. Worth the look.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle