• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CrappieArticle....

CrappieJohn

Today while I was waiting for Ma at the salon, I took a few minutes to read an article in my newest addition of Crappie magazine. I about died laughing when the author of the article got to rambling on about how crappies go into a funk when the water drops under 50 degrees. He made mention that the northern states have crappie anglers dying to get rid of the ice so the water can hurry up and warm. Apparently this dork has never heard of ice fishing. Not a single word regarding it. With that sort of tunnle vision, I can see why the south lost the civil war.

------------------
Plastics...making better fishermen without bait! Good Fishing Guys! CrappieTom
[email protected]

CT, that's a good one; BUT there is hope!..a couple of weeks ago I took a colleague from work out on the hardwater. He was originally from the South, a recent transplant to MN. Was told "the only reason Minnesotans get together icefishing is to drink bourbon", something I clarified as not being true. I had "teased" him a little by giving him some panfish filets as a house-warming gift last fall. He had asked me about icefishing and was genuinely interested. Early in Jan. he asked me to take him. In his defense, he was a quick learner on a finicky bite and we had fun with the few fish we caught w/o bourbon. I believe we have a convert as he took pictures as proof for his Louisiana friends! and graciously thanked me for the experience

apparently the Southern Gentleman that wrote the article has never experienced the thrill of a hot ice bite... the crappies shooting up thru'the water column many many feet to beat the crowds to your lure!

Stillhunter

i have read articles to that claimed the fish quit biting once it gets cold. Hmmmm! sounds like these people need to travel a little. i still prefer open water, but living where the water gets hard, we know better! del

EVERYONE KNOWS IT IS BACARDI ON ICE! HEY I SAW A POST SOMEWHERE ON HERE...SOME GUY FROM ALABAMA SAID 17" CRAPPIES WERE NOT THAT UNCOMMON DOWN THERE, AND A 20" FISH IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION!!! WHERE DO YOU FIND MORE INFO ON SOMETHING LIKE THAT? IF I HAVE TO DRINK BOURBON TO CATCH A 17" CRAPPIE....I WILL!